Tuesday 21 February 2012

From The Chopping Board - True/Art Scale Marine Update

Hi All,

My hernia operation last week has really hit me for six. I thought it'd be a pretty simple recovery but I honestly feel like I've been stabbed in the stomach (semi-technically the case). Therefore progress is slow as I can't sit on my stool at my workbench. Never-the-less, here's an update on Big Boi Marine™.




The only thing I had left to sort on the model as he's shown in the first picture there was his stomach and his left hand (holding a rather cool techmarine helmet).

These are now both done:

The uneven top is where his torso sits, it's moulded to fit.
 I tidied up the torso piece where it had been pretty roughly filled:

Click to enlarge and you'll see the added hand with rebuilt thumb,
also note the green stuffed in collar trim. It's not perfect but was
very fiddly.

I definitely made life hard for myself but adding in the lower
parts of the torso after gluing on the arms. Lesson learned.
And finally here's a picture of the completed model (minus head):


I'm pretty happy all round, especially from a first attempt point of view. The stomach and lower chest look a little 'soft' though in comparison with the rest of his armour. I think this is down to my learning technique more than the fact that I used green stuff over, say, procreate or something more suited to hard edges.

I got him sprayed yesterday. Decided, as he's going to be yellow and black, to give grey primer a go. I picked up a can of Tamiya's and here he is today:


Not bad all in all. Hopefully I can be comfortable enough to get some decent paint on before I'm back at work on Saturday. Wish me luck!!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...