Saturday 31 July 2010

WIP: Skaven Characters

Hi all,


So, as mentioned in my last post I'm currently working on Queek Headtaker and Deathmaster Snikch.

Queek and Snikch WiP



It's worth pointing out these are the first Warhammer Fantasy figures I've ever painted (therefore my first ever Skaven too). I'm painting them purely because I love the models. They're acting as my way back into painting after not having painted anything for so long - I thought it was a good idea to start up again with a project I'd enjoy rather than diving into the 'chore' of getting the ball rolling with the Space Marines.


I wanted to paint these models with some freedom so decided not to go with Games Workshops red scheme (see my last post for a clue why) on Queek. Snikch will remain mostly black though to keep him dark and assassin like as per his usual appearance. 


The grey armour on Queek is Adeptus Battle Grey washed with Devlan Mud and Badab Black. I then re-applied Adeptus Battlegrey and am now trying to build the highlight with a 2:1 mix of that and Astronomican Grey. Red is based Mechrite then layered up to Blood Red in about 4 mixed layers. 


Close ups (colours are all a bit off at the min - my close ups keep coming out very yellow. His cloth has turned pink while I've been trying to adjust the levels!):


Queek WiP

Queek WiP

Flesh tones are based with Tallarn Flesh, washed with watered down Ogryn Flesh mixed with Devlan Mud. Talarn Flesh reapplied then mixed with Elf Flesh and some Bleached Bone to try and build all the highlights as subtly as possible. Will have him finished by the end of this week with a little luck and hopefully have Snikch on the go too.

Hope you like, C&C welcome!

Ed
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...