Tuesday 15 July 2014

From The Chopping Board - Scion Commisar Kitbash

Morning/Afternoon/Evening all. Super quick post as it's way past my bedtime.

I've been building the odd Scion model here and there and they're all looking cool. I also received the stowage for my long range desert group style Taurox transports, hopefully they'll look great in the near future.

Back.to the men. I wanted a Commissar as it's the Guard, y'know? Guard ain't Guard with out a bossy guy in a flouncy hat threatening to shoot them!

I like most of the Commissar sculpts but none felt like they fit alongside an army of elite, teched up dudes.

Therefore I got the plastic one as, failing everything at least he comes with a hat that can be easily used elsewhere (the majority of it is a separate piece).

An hour or so of trimming, sanding and gluing later and we have what's shown in the pic! Gone is his pointy little face replaced by a standard Scion helmet. Gone too are his nasty jodhpurs and odd stance and his ugly-arse sabre; again replaced with parts straight from the Scion (sooooooo many bits in that box!).

He's come out pretty much exactly as I hoped! He might even just get to skip the building queue and go straight to paint!

Until next time everyone, thanks for checking in!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...