Monday 14 January 2013

Christmas Hobby Drought = Over

Hey!

Remember this blog? No? Oh.

I've been very quiet this last month since my Dreadnought post at the start of December. In 'real life' I manage a clothes section of a department store: we had sale early, were open long hours...you know the drill. Retail work + Xmas = stress & no spare time.

Anyway, that's over now. This post was going to be part two of Dreadnought articulating, then I lost my phone, with the photos on. Going well 2013 ain't it??

So I need to back track what I can of that, though the model is now base coated so could be tricky. Here's what I have managed, mainly in the last week:

  • Furioso Dreadnought conversion finished, base coated.
  • Stormraven #3 converted and base coated.
  • 6 Tac Marines kit bashed and base coated

These three things above should mean my army for Throne of Skulls in March is actually going to be on on time - miracle of miracles!

I also: 


  • Watched 4 seasons of Sons of Anarchy in 3 days - I now want to be a biker.
  • Spent too much money on the Kingdom Death and Imbrian Art kickstarters - both examples of some really beautiful models I'll be receiving over the course of the year, looking forward greatly to both.
  • Am eagerly awaiting delivery of Sedition Wars in the next couple of days (shipped today) - YEEAAAHHH!!!
  • Played a crazy Apoc game: 3,000 points per side + as many super heavies, flyers and gargants  we had to hand. I'm going to try and get some pics of this, but aside from the 7,000 points of 'normal' stuff we had 1 Gargant, 12 flyers and 8 or 9 Baneblade equivalent tanks. It was messy.

I also reached that point where I realised I need to sell some stuff - I have ~£125 worth of Dark Eldar sitting unused, and about 1,750 points of Orks that have never seen paint. eBay beckons them, then the money will be saved to wait for (hopefully) an Eldar release later in the year. It's very tempting to paint the Orks as they're almost entirely built. We'll see.

So, there you go. Expect normal (irregular) posting to resume over the next week or so when I can get some decent pics to try and show what I did with the Dread. In the mean time, hope you all had a bloody good Christmas and a happy New Year! Here's to 2013 :)
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...